RIVA ONYX [Fin: No Fin]
Notify me when back in stock
Inspired by the classic Italian speedboats, the Riva Onyx is a thing of beauty. It’s the tuxedo in our line up. It works equally well in a gnarly 10 foot line up as it does hanging on an art gallery wall.
The Riva Classic is that rare beast that is able to blend both form and function. The stunning carbon fibre, fibreglass and epoxy resin covers a light-weight EPS core.
It has a slightly broadened nose to assist with planning and wall drops, with a small amount of rocker. The hull leads into a flat transition area for speed, then moving into a deep concave region towards the tail. The concave area serves two main purposes: (a) to increase the overall planning area, and hence generate more lift and speed, and (b) generate more drive and directional control.
Why You Should Use A Riva?
The Riva is light and strong. It's made with a high density surfboard quality EPS Foam Core, covered in a stunning black carbon fibre matting, fibreglass and epoxy resin. The tight rails and hydrodynamic concave makes the Riva a wave holding machine.
The board features:
- A wide comfortable handstrap with neoprene pad to protect your hand. The strap is easily adjustable in the water with one hand.
- We designed and made our own handstrap plugs so there is no compromise. These strap mounts are without a doubt, the best in the industry! They are specifically designed for handplanes.
- Comfortable wrist leash that integrates with the handstrap mounts
- GoPro plug on the nose,
- a single FCS plug on the hull for a fin (fin not included)
- The shape is the result of countless hours of experimentation over the last few years. This board is an optimal size (not too big, not too small) and is easy to swim with. The shape reduces face splash, and planes beautifully.
- Having the best bling on the beach
- A performance handplane for speed, control and manoeuvrability
- She’s light strong easily transportable and doesn’t hamper your swim stroke
- Wide comfortable hand strap gives you great directional control for both swimming and surfing
- The proprietary strap mount system integrates your hand with the board in a natural fashion
- When a single fin is used (not included) – fantastical control whilst not sacrificing maneuverability. Works with the concave to enhance tail lift (hydro-planning)
The board has been constructed from lightweight high density EPS Foam, giving the perfect balance of lightness and flex. The foam has been covered with super strong, light-weight carbon fibre matting and epoxy resin.
- High Density EPS Core
- Epoxy Resin and fibreglass
- Single GoPro plug on the nose
- Single fin plug on hull (fin not included)
- Weight 400g (clean), with straps 4400g, with straps and fin 460g
- Dimensions: 40cm x 24cm (3cm at thickest point)
Please note: The board comes with the handstrap and wrist leash. An optional fin adds an extra degree of directional control and wave holding ability (not included).
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Surf Collective users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.